Thursday, November 03, 2005

#2 - Meijo Park

After an entirely too-long plane ride - and by recalling it with as few details as possible I hope to hasten it to the sieve that is my memory - I arrived in Nagoya. With a little help from the railway staff, I purchased what would be the first of many, many train tickets and headed to the Jingue Mae station. There, I met with Fujimoto-san, who had agreed to host your truly while in Nagoya.
I will speak at greater length about the whole Fujimoto family, who are honestly some of my favorite people in the world now - but for the time being it must to suffice to say, briefly, that I was ferried home from the train station, ate the first of many of Mrs. Fujimoto's incredible meals, and fell deep, deep alseep.
The next morning I wanted to get started right away. Astoundingly, I woke up at around 6:30, ate breakfast (thanks, Mrs. Fujimoto!) and was on my way. It was too early to go to my first stop, Nagoya castle, because they weren't open yet, so instead I strolled around Meijo Park.


I really liked Meijo Park because it was serene and calm, two much-needed characteristics for an entre to a strange country after the whirlwind of travel.



The park was really pretty, and there, off in the distance, is Nagoya-jo (Nagoya Castle).


And, of course, everyone has heard of the famous windmills of Japan, right? Um...right.


This, the first of many such "Dear Graham, we're glad you're enjoying the sights, but thought we'd throw in something thoroughly bizarre because we heard you like that kind of thing. Love, Japan" moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home